Thursday, November 11, 2010

Heart Half-Mended, Memories Half-Full

His breath smelled of ethanol,

making my heart race like a hybrid.
Mechanically I cried his tears without reason or void.
Our handprints on the foggy window; 
soon to dissipate into nothing more than a faded memory.


My broken heart flutters amuck,
beckoning a piece mirrored to fill the cracks.
Loneliness is no companion of mine!

With true love comes true loss said the vacant hearted
For it was he who captivated me!
By day, By night… I held none more than him in sight.


Should tears stream now…
that are lips are forever more unraveled?
or at the thought that the love we shared was so true no other compared?

It was my heart I dared,
When I gave it, he broke it.
I fixed it, he holds it
….my last piece.
That piece of me that became a piece of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment