Monday, November 15, 2010

Profligate: She Can't Help Herself

I am the voice of self loathing sickness who sings you to sleep.
Assured you are as beautiful as you'll never be.
& yet you're lost in screaming selfish psychosis.
I am rotten and so adored.
I like the (ugly); you are so pretty to me.

So wicked on the inside.
Your soul's a mirror bound to shatter when your beauty fades and your morals tip toe the edge of disbelief.

I've spat my verse and impregnated myself with your fears.
What makes you so different?

I am losing sensation from a pill one too many.
See you in my nightmare!
To weak to swallow, to proud to choke.
Unrelenting is my wretched cerebellum.
Walk two steps in my shoes,
.... find that the beauty of skin-deep births the carnal gift of ingnorance.
8/10/09

1 comment:

  1. With this one, I think it would be more effective to break up your apostrophies. "You are so pretty to me", "I am" so forth. The poem itself is great, but taking away the apostrophies will give it even more eloquence.

    ReplyDelete