Thursday, November 11, 2010

My Last Breath

Lay my arms acrossed my chest,
I'll rest for now,...dwelling.
Troubled...Tremored.
I want OUT!
Through your eyes I'm frozen & lifeless,
no soul...no tears.
Just a face, a mask.
Why drain my veins?
You aren't worth it!
Instead, a river of morphine and pills are to flood my existance.
Sweet sugary death.
Child, it's not suicide.
Merely a justified grave.
I was there for you,
my destiny fulfilled.
The note is on my inner thigh,
smeared with shame.
You used me, 
now I must use myself!
Strung out by a beatless heart.
Cursed as your companion, 
who loved.
In the end never received the well deserved three-fold.
My lover, look back at what you've done and commemorate!
Your poison, 
my wine.
I drink to the death of me.
Cheers,
to my last breath.

-Mary Moore
11/10/07

No comments:

Post a Comment